BETTER THAN UNICORNS SERVICES AND VIRTUAL REALITY ARCADE
The following rules govern your participation and/or your child/ward’s participation in any activity at a Better Than Unicorns Event or at the Better Than Unicorns Virtual Reality Arcade:
1. All Users participating in a Better Than Unicorns Event or visiting the Better Than Unicorns Virtual Reality Arcade virtual reality equipment for the first time are required to watch the Better Than Unicorns Virtual Reality Arcade tutorial video or have a Host walk you through in its entirety prior to using the equipment.
2. We recommend consulting a physician before using the Better Than Unicorns virtual reality equipment if you are pregnant, elderly, have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities or psychiatric disorders, or suffer from a heart condition or other serious medical condition including by not exclusive to seizures.
3. Better Than Unicorns virtual reality equipment should not be used by children shorter than 48 inches. Adults should monitor children who are using or have used the VR equipment for any of the symptoms described below, and should limit the time children spend using the Better Than Unicorns virtual reality equipment and ensure they take breaks during use. Prolonged use should be avoided, as this could negatively impact hand-eye coordination, balance, and multi-tasking ability. Adults should monitor children closely during and after use of the VR equipment for any decrease in these abilities.
4. A comfortable virtual reality experience requires an unimpaired sense of motion and balance. Do not use the Better Than Unicorns virtual reality equipment or Services when you are tired, need sleep, are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, are hung-over, have digestive problems, are under emotional stress or anxiety, or when suffering from cold, flu, headaches, migraines, or earaches, as this can increase your susceptibility to adverse symptoms. Operation of Better Than Unicorns virtual reality equipment under the influence of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited.
5. Immediately cease use of the Better Than Unicorns Services or virtual reality equipment if you experience any of the following symptoms: seizures, loss of awareness, eye strain, eye or muscle twitching, involuntary movements, altered, blurred, or double vision or other visual abnormalities, dizziness, disorientation, impaired balance, impaired hand-eye coordination, excessive sweating, increased salivation, nausea, light-headedness, discomfort or pain in the head or eyes, drowsiness, fatigue, or any symptoms similar to motion sickness. Consult a physician if you have serious and/or persistent symptoms.
6. Anyone who has had a seizure, loss of awareness, or other symptoms linked to an epileptic condition should consult a physician before using the Better Than Unicorns Services or virtual reality equipment.
7. The Better Than Unicorns virtual reality equipment can emit radio waves that can affect the operation of nearby electronics, including cardiac pacemakers. If you have a pacemaker or other implanted medical device, do not use the Better Than Unicorns virtual reality equipment without first consulting your physician or the manufacturer of your medical device.
8. Symptoms of virtual reality exposure can persist and become more apparent hours after use. These post-use symptoms can include the symptoms above, as well as excessive drowsiness and decreased ability to multi-task. These symptoms may put you at an increased risk of injury when engaging in normal activities in the real world. Do not drive, operate machinery, or engage in other visually or physically demanding activities that have potentially serious consequences (i.e., activities in which experiencing any symptoms could lead to death, personal injury, or damage to property), or other activities that require unimpaired balance and hand-eye coordination (such as playing sports or riding a bicycle, etc.) until you have fully recovered from any symptoms.
9. Food and drink are not permitted near the virtual reality equipment or gaming stations.
10. Any damage caused to Better Than Unicorns virtual reality equipment by you and/or your child/ward shall be your sole liability and you shall indemnify and hold harmless Better Than Unicorns Virtual Reality Arcade from said damages up to the full cost of the equipment.
11. Better Than Unicorns is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged personal items which occur during your time at a Better Than Unicorns Event during use of the Services.
12. Any misconduct, including but not limited to excessive yelling, swearing, misuse of equipment, intentional disruption of other patrons, will result in the immediate termination of your session at Better Than Unicorns Event or at the Better Than Unicorns Virtual Reality Arcade by Better Than Unicorns staff member at their sole discretion.